Thursday, June 26, 2008

Genesis

I'll chronicle the whole story in a later post, but for now, this is the first post in my running blog. Suffice it to say that running and I have never been friends, but I'm determined to complete the Couch to 5k program
in the next couple of months.

I've upped the stakes, signing myself up for my first 5k race, on September 7. I'll be fundraising to support the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation.

Although I don't personally have any experience with family members with Multiple Myeloma, the disease has affected friends of mine. Having lost a cousin to breast cancer (she was in her late twenties), I fully believe in the importance of cancer research.

So, I now have more motivation to keep training. I want to complete my first 5k race on September 7. I hope you will follow my progress as I post to this blog, and I thank you for your support (whether that's mental/emotional or financial).

If you can contribute to my fundraising efforts, I have an online donation page all set up. I am also more than happy to receive offline donations. Email me at kelly_zito (at) yahoo dot com, and I will give you my postal mail address.

I'll be working on a longer post about my path to this point, as well as updating the blog each day that I do a C25K workout.

Again, thanks for stopping by!

No comments: