Thursday, June 26, 2008

C25K: W1D1, 6/25/08

Yesterday (Wednesday) was week 1, day 1 of the C25K program.

I downloaded the podcasts recorded by Robert Ullrey for the program. I find the cues helpful, and the music suits my purposes just fine.

I'm still trying to figure out Map My Run to know my distance yesterday. I'll get that done at some point.

But even if I don't know how far I went, I do know that I ran for 8 minutes and walked for 12 minutes, along with a 5 min warmup and cooldown.

I ended up doing about a half-hour of other walking as well.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow with Day 2 of Week 1. Everything has to start somewhere.

Workout between 6:10 pm and 6:40 pm.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

You should totally set a goal reward for yourself. You need a Garmin! :-D (Rumor has it that you can even get a little accessory thingy for your bike so you can get bicycling stats, too...)

Kelly said...

Ooh. :) That's a good idea. If I don't have to repeat weeks, I'll finish the 9 weeks during the last week of August. Which would give me time to buy the Garmin at that point.

I figure that even if I have to repeat weeka, I'll still at least be able to finish the course, even if I have to run/racewalk/walk it. I finished the Lighthouse Run, and that was 4 miles. This one'll only be 3.1!

Anonymous said...

First race I did, I was only 7 weeks through the program, and I had to walk twice on hills. Even so, finishing was such a rush!

(Meh on figuring out the best way to comment. Lemme be me! :-D )

Kelly said...

Yes, I now realize that I should have chosen wordpress, and I may migrate this over there at some point...

I'm confident that I will finish. I finished the Lighthouse Run, and that was further than this 5k will be. :)